Excellence in Mass Spectrometry
- MALDI-MS The “LaserToF” range of MALDI-ToF instruments
- GC-MS The “Kronus” range of continuous beam orthogonal ToF analysers for GC-MS and GCxGC-MS.
- SIMS The award winning “MiniSIMS” designed for the cost effective surface and interface analysis of materials.
MALDI-TOF / MALDI TOF-TOF
The Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionisation (MALDI) technique works well with thermolabile, non-volatile organic compounds especially those of high molecular mass and is used successfully for the analysis of proteins, peptides, oligosaccharides, oligonucleotides and also industrial polymers. It has several significant advantages over other soft ionization techniques, namely:
- The formation of mainly singly charged ions renders mass spectra easy to interpret.
- It's relatively straightforward to use and the high tolerance to impurities such as buffers and additives allows a high throughput due to minimal sample preparation.
- It's suitable for very high mass work since the matrix used to assist ionization absorbs most of the laser energy.
- It's a very sensitive technique allowing analysis down to the atto-femto mole range.
The LaserToF class of MALDI systems from SAI provides a powerful range of capabilities ideal for the analysis of large fragile organic molecules such as biomolecules and polymers. The instruments are fully automated providing versatile and cost effective analysis from high performance single linear ToF analysers through to state of the art linear / reflectron combinations offering advanced features such as CID, PSD, seamless single scan MS-MS and imaging MALDI.
Sensitivity has been enhanced on the TT by our novel laser zoom optics design. Click on the product you are interested in (right) for more detail: